Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
20 CEU Yoga Alliance Credits
Friday, July 20 – Sunday, July 23
Are you feeling called to slow down, rest, cultivate your relationship with stillness, experience relief from stress, or counterbalance a busy lifestyle and truly restore yourself? If nothing sounds better than intentionally relaxing your body and mind and learning how to teach others to do the same, join us for a deep dive into Restorative Yoga.
WHAT IS RESTORATIVE YOGA?
Restorative Yoga is the practice of active relaxation. Restorative poses support the physical body with a variety of props such as blankets, bolsters, and blocks, or whatever treasures you find around your home such as pillows and chairs. Extended periods of time in each pose offer the opportunity to physically receive support and release tension while mentally and emotionally cultivating a relaxed state. This unwinding process invites the mind to meet the body in relaxed awareness to experience the benefits of slowing down, self-soothing, re-balancing the nervous system, and feeling supported in stillness.
Restorative Yoga invites you to unwind your body and mind, and “do less”.
When we learn to deeply care for ourselves and restore, we cultivate the ability to show up for ourselves and others from a place of “fullness”.
No advanced training or experience is required to practice Restorative Yoga. Students with injuries or physical disabilities are welcome. This training can serve as continuing education for yoga teachers and/or an opportunity to befriend your own personal practice and tap into your abilities to self-heal.
RESTORATIVE YOGA COURSE
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN AND EXPERIENCE
• Centering and creating sacred space
• Restorative Yoga Pose Clinic: In-depth study, experience, and experimentation of classic Restorative Yoga Poses
• Common imbalances and how to meet yourself and students where they are
• How to theme, create, and teach a Restorative practice inspired by the principles of Ayurveda
• Prop Clinic: Creatively working with what you have available in a studio or at home
• Learning how to incorporate the principles of Restorative Yoga into your wellness lifestyle
• The practice of holding a safe container for others
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A notebook or journal and pen
• 1-3 blankets (recommendation: Hugger Mugger)
• An open mind to explore, learn, and relax
• Required Reading Material: Relax and Renew, Restful Yoga For Stressful Times, by Judith Hanson Lasater
• Optional Reading Material: Restore and Rebalance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation, by Judith Hanson Lasater
TRAINING SCHEDULE: 20 Hours
Friday, July 21: 5:00 – 8:30pm
Saturday, July 22: 8:00am – 12:30pm // Lunch 12:30 – 2:00pm // 2:00 – 6:30pm
Sunday, July 23: 8:00am – 12:30pm // Lunch 12:30 – 2:00pm // 2:00 – 5:00pm
20 CEU Yoga Alliance Credits
$325 Early Bird Pricing, before July 1