Born and raised in the flatlands of Texas, Valerie believes food is comfort, kindness is medicine, and dusty skies create beautiful sunsets.
She explored the healing practices of Yoga, Ayurveda, Jyotish, and Sound Healing, which lead to years of teacher training and time spent learning from elders. Valerie is trained by Gong Master and Astrologer Mehtab Benton, and the founder of Restorative Yoga, Judith Hanson Lasater. She is led by the wisdom of her indigenous ancestors and a deep reverence for the practices. Valerie has been teaching adaptive yoga and offering sound healing with gongs and sacred instruments for the past 10 years. She studies Jyotish and incorporates planetary alignments into her classes as well as offering birth chart readings. She studied and lives by Ayurveda and works for Banyan Botanicals where she hosts the Ask the Expert interview series.
Valerie is nourished by a nurturing daily practice, a sweet supportive community, and time spent hiking and soaking in the hot springs of the Rocky Mountains with her husband Brian.
She offers gratitude to the earth below, the sky above, ancestors and teachers who came before her, and the path itself.
- 200-Hr Registered Yoga Teacher, 2012
- Relax & Renew Trainer, Restorative Yoga, 2013
- Gong Yoga, Sound Healing, 2014
- Anatomy and Sequencing for Injury Prevention, 2015
- Adaptive Yoga: Chair Yoga, Yoga for Seniors, Injuries and/or Bigger Bodies, 2016
- Maharishi Ayurveda Ayurvedic Wellness Educator, 2016
- The Elements of Health with Leslie Kaminoff, 2018
- 200-Hr Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher, 2018
- Vedic Astrology, 2019
- Wisdom Advanced Teacher Training Module, 2019
- Vitality Advanced Teacher Training Module, 2019
- 500-Hr Registered Yoga Teacher, 2019